This must have an echo in many households.

My mother-in-law has said much the same thing.

arthur

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Lunde [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 2:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Futurework] FW Basic Income sites

 He bought a castle with 500 rooms
> and his wife was caught riding a Harley-Davidson through the extended
> corridors.  Sally would give her a BI to pay the gasoline, I guess.
>
> Chris

Thomas:

Yep, I would advocate that she gets the Basic Income to do her thing.  A
story.  My grandparents where Norwegian and the household was fairly
European.  Grampa handled the money.  Grandma made the household work.  When
they got old, each of them got an Old Age Pension and grampa said to
grandma, give me the money, I am the man of the family.  Grandma said, "All
my life, I have never had any money of my own and now the cheque from the
Government of Canada is addressed to me with the cheque made out in my name.
This is my money.

And she did things with that money that she had been denied from doing for
45 years of marriage.  Maybe the billionare above bought the Harley but
would not buy the gas.