Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dan, I looked at the icon box code in style.c because I wanted to
> make it work with changes of the Xinerama state, but the matter is
> too complex to write a patch in short time for me.
>
> What I want to do:
>
>  1) Default to using the primary screen for icon box specs
>     (already works for X geometry like specs and is easy to do for
>     the other syntax).
>  2) Recalculate all icon boxes when the Xinerama layout of the
>     screen changes (switched on or off).
>
> The difficult part is (2) because all the calculations are done
> when the style is defined.  The precise spec string is thrown away
> afterwards.  So doing this requires to remove the calculations
> from style.c and do them somewhere is icons.c.  Can you take a
> look at this, please?  I think this could wait until after 2.4.1.

It doesn't look too  hard, it just needs to  save the signs separately
(for -0) and apply screen dimensions later.

Is there a way to test screen size changes without Xinerama working?

I did a CVS update, now I have this:

XineramaSupportGetNumberedScrRect   placement.o

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]