On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:57:20AM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> Dominik Vogt <fvwm-workers@fvwm.org> writes:

> > > Hmm, none of these actually change where the icon box is.
> > > I tried on, off, 0-3.
> >
> > Ah, I see.  You moved the calculations from style.c to icons.c,
> > but they still use the global screen dimensions.  Instead, the
> > specified screen has to be stored too.  Then, one of the
> > XineramaSupportGet...ScrRect() functions can be called in
> > AutoPlaceIcon() to get the actual size and offset of the screen.
> > Also, the call to XineramaSupportParseGeometry in style.c has to
> > be changed to XineramaSupportParseGeometryWithScreen() so that the
> > screen spec can be stored in the icon box (its a signed integer).
> >
> > When this is completed, the following should work:
> >
> >   Xinerama 1
> >   Style * iconbox 100x100-0-0
> >   Next iconify
> >   # iconifies on screen 1
> >   Xinerama 0
> >   Next iconify
> >   # iconifies on screen 0
> >   Xinerama off
> >   Next iconify
> >   # iconifies on global screen
>
> Yes, I saw how  XineramaSupportParseGeometryWithScreen
> is needed to get the screen number, but I still don't see
> how the screen number is going to be used.  Is it needed
> by the Iconify command?

No.  Somewhere in icons.c the actual position and size of the icon
boxes is calculated.  To do this, the global screen dimensions and
position (0 0) are used.  These values have to be replaced with
the screen dimensions of the Xinerama screen that is to be used.
All this has to be done every time the Xinerama command is called.

Dominik Vogt, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20