On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 04:19:19PM +0700, Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> > > Done.  You may want to test this on a system that supports
> > > Xinerama.  I tested it with:
> > >
> > > Style "*" IconBox -80 240 -1 -1, IconGrid 80 67, \
> > >           IconBox 1040x20+0-40,  IconGrid 80 80, IconFill r t
> > >
> > > which tests both formats and some negative coordinates.
> >
> > Great!  I am still unsure about a few things that could be done:
> >
> >  - Should each screen have a default icon box?
>
>       Yes.  The natural way is to place icon on the same screen where
> the window is.

> >  - Should icons always be placed in an icon box that overlaps the
> >    window's screen first?
>
>       Can you please explain what you mean by that?

Currently, fvwm uses the icon boxes in the order of creation.  So,
if one icon box is created on screen 0 and one is created on
screen 1, all icons are placed on screen 0 until the icon box is
full, then all icons are put on screen 1.  My question was if it
is necessary to skip icon boxes that are not on the same screen as
the window.

> >  - Is it worthwhile to prevent icons from being placed between
> >    screens if the icon box spans the whole desktop? (I guess not).
>
>       Agreed.  If the user makes a "global" iconbox, his choice should
> be obeyed.

Dominik Vogt, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20