On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 08:05:21PM +0100, Jerome Quelin wrote:
> On Vendredi 8 Février 2002 19:29, David H. Adler wrote :

> > Finally, although you'll all laugh at me, I'm down to 66 strokes on the
> > issue 0 challange.  Not horrible for a first real golf attempt.
> > How much further have you all gotten.  I just want to know how far to
> > bury my head in the ground... :-)
>
> My first guess was at 54, and I'm down to 52 now.

Ok, so I won't be *too* embarrased...

> I sent my solution to [EMAIL PROTECTED], asking for a url to check the
> leaderboard... but (s)he did not answered (since wednesday). Is it the good
> mail address? And since I have no clue wether the game is running or not,
> what the leaderboard is and so, I'm not working on it any more.

That's the right address, but I know brian's kind of busy at the moment.
Hence my search for someone to actually take this over. :-)

There is no leaderboard.  The golf game went in because we thought it
would be fun, but, as you can probably tell, we didn't put in all the
preparatory work that seems to go on here.  Time's also been a factor.
Again, when we find someone to actually adopt the responsibility for the
column, I hope we *will* have a leaderboard.

dha
--
David H. Adler - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.panix.com/~dha/
Existence of undocumented things does not justify adding yet more