On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Rick Klement wrote:
> >
> > However, assuming a filter program like most of the recent golf
> > holes (reading a file with base36 numbers and writing out the decimal
> > equivalent for each line), I'm down to 51 strokes.
> >

> Well, it does say "convert _a_ number". But assuming your rules, my first
> attempt is 52.

I've got 50 now. (At least, that's the score according to teven.pl from the
last game. It looks like 51 to me, but I can never remember exactly what
counts towards the score.)

If we have to convert $ARGV[0], I get 55 if I have to output a trailing
newline, and 52 if I don't.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01