[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>So, does that give you an idea how poorly our TV and newspapers report the
>news? We've know this for almost a week now.
>
>And someone on one of the lists guessed that the Cube would be dropped a
>month ago. That made the news the same day that Apple released that info.
>
>I would still prefer to live here than anywhere else in the world, but if you
>think that the news is not actively or passively censored, then you are
>deluded.

1.  Who's TV and newspapers do you mean?  Apple announced the power
supply recall on Friday, July 6.  It was reported widely online the
next day.   Morning newspapers wouldn't have been ABLE to report it
before their July 8 edition.  If they even publish on Sunday--many
don't.  So if you've heard about it already, you're right on top of
current events.

2. "Guessing" that the cube would be dropped does not make it fact.
People also guessed that Apple would go bankrupt back before the end
of the 80s.  But that isn't even a fair comparison.  Product recalls
are not major news stories.  They are only of interest to the
fraction of people owning the product in question.

3. Where do you live that your news is censored?  (I.e., where is
"here"?)  Or aren't you allowed to say?  AOL email addresses may be
obtained and used practically anywhere in the world.

--Jim.