Jeremy-

Per your suggestion, I checked with my campus tech buddy and he gave me the
following information, links at the end.

Their flat fee is $378.95 if they decide your issue while out of warranty is
a known defect in materials or workmanship that they recognize. It includes:

-$310.00 USD Repair: labor, parts, and a 90-day guarantee on materials and
workmanship
- $49.00 USD telephone troubleshooting
- $19.95 USD shipping
# Pricing is subject to change without notice
# For repair pricing exceptions, click here

This is the pricing if apple decides whatever is causing your problem is
through no fault of their product. It does not include the price of your
phone call nor shipping, and if more than one thing is wrong you add the two
tiers together (ie plastic cracks + hard drive dying = $955+taxes).

1 No parts $255.00

2 Plastics, modem, CD ROM, cable $610.00

3 Logic board, hard drive, DVD, CD-RW $955.00

4 LCD $1240.00

<http://www.info.apple.com/support/applecare_products/service/powerbook_serv
ice.html>
<http://www.info.apple.com/support/applecare_products/service/tieredmatrix_s