I know that Mac OS X keeps a lot of settings into cache files. Maybe one
became corrupted? I had a problem a few months ago where selecting a buddy
or the buddy list menu item from the iChat menu wouldn't launch the iChat
application anymore. I found someone with a similar problem and the cure was
to delete one of the system cache used by OS X. There is a freeware that can
delete those caches for you. I think the name is 'Cache Cleaner'. It's free
and I used it a few times without any problem. If you haven't done any
cleaning in a little while, give it a shot, but make sure you take note of
the available space on your hard disk before. You'll be amazed by the space
you will likely recover (close to 1 GB for me the first time I used it)!

-Laurent.

This program wont delete important caches? or ones that are still usefull? I don't know how it decides what does and what doesn't work....but if it worked fine for you I might as well give it a try...where do I get it?