On Friday 25 July 2003 03:09 pm, Dan K wrote:
> some of what I know . . .
>
> The Lucent/Orinoco/Wavelan/Aveya/etc. series of cards will work in any
> 'Book with a PC Card slot, including my 540c with PCcardcage. Drivers for
> any of these cards can be at the orinoco ftp server:
> <ftp://ftp.orinocowireless.com/pub/software/ORiNOCO/PC_Card/MacOS/>
> <ftp://ftp.orinocowireless.com/pub/software/IEEE/PC_CARD/APPLE/>
> Or here:
> <http://workingwireless.net/wireless/Installers/>
> or here for opensource OS X drivers:
> <http://wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net>

I got the Wavelan IEEE MacOS 9 driver from Version Tracker. It is the most
recent version. It installed, but opening the Wavelan control panel provoked
a consistent positive 1010 error every time. It is totally and completely
unusable.

Also the AirPort driver will NOT recognize the card, either.

Only the IOXperts payware driver kicked the card over. That's my story and I'm
sticking to it.

-.\\<-H-
--
Michelle Klein-Hass