I recently purchased a new iBook, 40gig, 900mHz,640RAM. My Pismo kicked. I'm
using OSX and Office X (only the Word part). I've lots of questions.

How do I get rid of these obnoxious edit-type pop-up menus in the midst of
text? I don't know what makes them occur when I drop the cursor into a word
or section of text. I've tried all the preferences and so forth, but without
success. Is this a Word X problem or can it be adjusted with the OSX?

When the iBook goes to sleep on its own, it cannot be woken but must be
three-finger restarted. Why is this happening?

When asleep and the lid is left open, it will awaken on its own. What does
this, vibrations when walking through the room or a door slamming?

In Word X, the thesaurus and the dictionary cannot be opened and used by
switching back and forth -- which could occur in Office 2001. The thesaurus
must be closed after every consultation in order to return to the text or
the dictionary. Can I alter this, or is it an "improvement?"

When I use Toast Platinum to save a file, the burn window shows, besides the
file, that "Desktop DB" and Desktop DF" are also being saved to CD (with
file sizes close to the text file size), although these don't show up on the
CD list or desktop as icons after burning. What are these extra additions?

At times I have to pull down the modem menu a couple of times for it to
engage. Any thoughts?

The latch won't fully release the lid when pressed; I have to press down on
the lid at the latch for release.

I have Applecare, but before taking the machine to a shop I wanted to see if
you folks have any comments.