On 8/17/03 9:49 AM, "tivo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wish it were this easy. I understand what you mean by using the control key
> to get the quit menu, as with Dock programs.

<Snip>

> Until I'm certain, I continue to think that this is a Microsoft Office X
> issue.
>
> I haven't gotten an idea to turning off these suckers in Office X using every
> Help menu idea (though none refer to "pop-up" menus.

They're called Contextual Menus, and you're on the wrong track, it is not an
Office X issue (Which is why you find no mention of them in the Office help
files).

CM's are part of the OS. You get them when you control click in any App,
including the Finder. Try control-clicking, or right clicking if you have a
two-button mouse, on your desktop and you'll see what I mean.

Now, if these are popping up by themselves in Office, it means one of two
things. One, you're control-clicking accidentally, or two, something else is
causing them to pop-up.

If you're sure that you're not control-clicking, then start looking at
third-party software as the culprit. Have you installed anything like Ittec,
MaxMenus, or Fruit Menu? All of these can affect how menus operate -
Something like that may be causing a conflict.

Also, it is possible that it may be a bug in Office X. I have version 10.1.2
and do not have any problems. Have you updated to the current version?

Cheers - Steve K.