>>   No problem; so yes, the keyboard is somehow firing the <control>
>> feature?
>>
>> What to do? And how about that periodic port weirdness? The Adesso, aside
>> from these problems, is a great aid in typing.
>
> May be worth a look around to see if a driver does indeed exist for the
> keyboard. I have a MS Explorer Wireless Mouse, which works fine with OS X,
> but works even better with the driver installed. Perhaps you will have
> similar results with your keyboard

Seems that a shareware driver had just come on the market out of Japan for
this (and other) devices.

The USB Overdrive X is a driver for Mac OS X 10.2.4 or          later that
handles any USB mouse, trackball, joystick and          gamepad from any
manufacturer and lets you configure          them either globally or on a
per-application basis. It reads          all kinds of wheels, buttons,
switches and controls and          supports scrolling, keyboard emulation,
launching and all          the usual stuff like clicking, control-clicking
and so          forth. The USB Overdrive can easily handle several USB
devices at once.