> All I can think of is you are maybe accidentally hitting control whilst
> clicking, or pressing the right mouse button, if you have one, by mistake??
>
> Or maybe leaning on the mouse/trackpad button??

I wish it were this easy. I understand what you mean by using the control
key to get the quit menu, as with Dock programs.

I also get these pop-up "help" menus with Entourage, the mail program of
Office X, as well as with Word, which would definitely make it an Office X
issue.

But I also recently got one, for the first and only time so far, with
iTunes, which would extend the issue to the OSX. I don't think that this is
an issue, however. Until I'm certain, I continue to think that this is a
Microsoft Office X issue.

I haven't gotten an idea to turning off these suckers in Office X using
every Help menu idea (though none refer to "pop-up" menus.

Now Safari has a "Block pop-up windows" under the Safari menu, but this
concerns Web windows, I believe, not the menu windows I'm referring to when
off-line and working on text in Word.

Sure would appreciate any other suggestions -- especially if someone is
using Office X Word or Entourage and knows what I'm referring to.

Thanks, Tivo