On Saturday 09 August 2003 05:36 pm, Shawn Harley wrote:
> Mark,
> My Wallstreet sat unused for a long period of time, and a good battery
> would no longer take a charge or show up in the control strip(OS 9). I
> zapped PRAM, reset Power Manager, and left "bad" battery in Wallstreet,
> shut down and plugged in to AC for a few days undisturbed. Battery now
> works fine. Worth a try.

Second that. If you plug your Wallstreet in for at least overnight, more is
better, often you can revive a tired battery. The backup battery requires at
least overnight charging to kickstart, and I have heard that 48 hours plugged
in time without use is optimum for reviving the backup battery. Main battery
paradoxically requires less charging time.

You have to also unlearn habits you might have learned with NiCad and NiMH
batteries...a LiIon battery can be successfully "topped off" without
depleting it completely. In fact, letting a LiIon battery completely
discharge can fatally damage it. At least, this is what I have heard...

-.\\<-H-
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273