On 8/17/03 10:56 AM, "tivo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see what you mean about the right mouse button, although I don't use a
> mouse. I have an Adesso keyboard attached and the upper button of the trackpad
> does operate as the control key in producing the same menu.

Okay, I'm not too familiar with the Adesso keyboards, nor have you mentioned
which model in particular, but here are some ideas.

With very little doubt, your keyboard is behind this problem, so here are a
few things to try:

1) Do you have a keyboard driver installed? If so, look there for an option
to bring up contextual menus by holding down the mouse button, or, in your
case, maintaining pressure on the touchpad. Shut it off.

Or

2) Unplug the keyboard and see if the problem occurs while using the built
in trackpad and keyboard.

then

3) If it does, uninstall the Adesso driver and try the built in pad again.

Try these things and let us know the results.