After starting to experience a CD that wouldn't mount on the desktop when
put in my Pismo, but would perfectly mount on somebody else Pismo, and since
my AppleCare coverage is running out in mid-December, I decided to pay a
visit to MicroCenter here, in Fairfax, VA.

I explained the problem and they said they would order another one for me on
AppleCare. What got me upset is that they quoted me 4 to 8 business days
before receiving the replacement DVD-ROM module. But worst, they insisted to
keep the one I had for the exchange. That's bad because if I ever need a CD
in the coming week, I'm SOL. It was working fine with most CDs, just a new
one I got 2 days ago.

So, is that what is expected from an Apple Service Provider?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

copy protection n.: A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates
from stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered
silly.