on 16/11/03 11:00, Kyle Hansen at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 11/16/03 3:23 AM, "Geoffrey Loeffler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
> Cybertrough:
>

>>> And actually, the next day, I called MicroCenter back and pleaded to a Mac
>>> technician. If I agreed to bring it in the same day they would receive the
>>> replacement, he agreed to have me take the DVD-ROM module back. So, I did
>>> agree and I got back my DVD-ROM module and I'm waiting for the replacement.
>>> Not too bad, after all. If I had spoken to knowledgeable people the evening
>>> before, I wouldn't have had to go back. But I'm happy since I got what I
>>> needed...
>>>
>>> -Laurent.
>>
>> Good deal and sometimes that's all it takes, finding the right people
>> willing to help and MicroCenter probably gained a new and happy
>> customer...Just keep this techs name and phone ext. on hand.
>> Best
>> Geoff
>
> Ands whatever you do, when he/she calls you and asks you to bring in your
> defective unit do so immediately.  Do not wait 2 days, and take off of work
> to do it if necessary because it could be his/her ass if you don't.

I will leave work whenever they call and will have it less than 30 minutes
after their call, promised!

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild
pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the
malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is
sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal
machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it
incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage.
Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted.
See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory
smash, overrun screw, core.