On Feb 23, 2004, at 10:20 PM, Gregory Cortelyou wrote:

On Feb 23, 2004, at 5:49 PM, James a.k.a. sacredsystem wrote:

Hi,

I've been a Earthlink user for a few years, and have been pretty happy. I tried their DSL services, but found the price to be too steep for me. I recently spoke to someone from Verizon, and was surprised at how inexpensive DSL was compared to Earthlink. I would greatly appreciate any feedback regarding Verizon services from those who use, or have used Verizon. Is Verizon's support reliable? OS 9/OS X friendly?

Sorry for being off-topic, but getting more information from seasoned members will make my decision a lot more easier :-)

James

I used earthlink via cable for a few years and had no problems but switched to Verizon DSL last summer because the price was really great, much less than the earthlink. I have had no problems at all, highly recommend Verizon as they do have very knowledgeable Mac support people. Another thing that has been a real treat is that with earthlink I was inundated with BAD spam (you know what I mean) to the tune of 20 to 30 a day. With Verizon I get none, absolutely none. I hope I don't jinx it by saying that out loud on a list. Go for it.
Greg

For the price you can't beat Verizon DSL ... the only problems I've had is when my room mate didn't pay the bill :-D and I second the no spam.

--
Robert

AOL IM wingnut022074

"'Ignorantque datos, ne quisquam serviat, enses.'
And they are ignorant that the purpose of the sword is to save every man from slavery."
- Lucanus (A.D. 39-65), De Bello Civili