> >>people. Another thing that has been a real treat
> is that with earthlink
> >>I was inundated with BAD spam (you know what I
> mean) to the tune of 20
> >>to 30 a day. With Verizon I get none, absolutely
> none. I hope I don't
> >>jinx it by saying that out loud on a list. Go for
> it.

One reason you're probably seeing less spam is that
you have a new e-mail address...

If your new address is posted on the web, it will be
only a matter of time before it is harvested and the
spam begins again.

My primary e-mail address (and about two dozen
forwarding aliases) appear all over my various web
sites.  Because of this I receive about 2000 UCE per
month.  I recently posted a totally fresh address (new
address, new domain, etc) on a web site for which I've
done from freelance work.  I started receiving spam
and virus infected e-mails on that address within 3
weeks of it appearing on the 'net.

As far as I can tell, as long as there is e-mail,
there will be spam.

=====
Doug Behr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]