James,
I was with earthlink dial-up for 18 months until Verizon DSL became available to me 10/03...Switched and haven't regretted it...Running an imac se 400 & pismo 400...both 10.3.2 w/ 1 gig ram and airport along with a gateway 333 desktop W98SE w/ a lucent wireless card in it...They all run at the same time and the dsl works flawlessly....The only problem has been that occasionally when friends in Australia, England and Germany send stuff it never shows up..I talked to Verizon about this and they denied having blockers running...but it seems that right after I complained about the problem, it disappeared. Also, I get the Register newsletter from London daily and that was blocked for a while until I called and I haven't missed any issue since early December.
Regards,
Mike K

James a.k.a. sacredsystem wrote:
I used earthlink via cable for a few years and had no problems but
switched to Verizon DSL last summer because the price was really great,
much less than the earthlink. I have had no problems at all, highly
recommend Verizon as they do have very knowledgeable Mac support
people. Another thing that has been a real treat is that with earthlink
I was inundated with BAD spam (you know what I mean) to the tune of 20
to 30 a day. With Verizon I get none, absolutely none. I hope I don't
jinx it by saying that out loud on a list. Go for it.
Greg

Thanks to all for the help. It seems like Verizon DSL is a good choice...............