Ok,

I got my hands on a Hardware Test CD ... (well, found it in my junk pile ! I never used it before !)
To all test:

Airport     No device found
Logic Board     No device found
Mass Storage     No device found
Memory     No device found
Modem     No device found
Video RAM     No device found

Now, I was pretty sure that I needed a new processor daughtercard, but shouldn't it find some stuff ??
When I click on details, I can see the RAM at 320Mb, the hard drive at 6 gigs ... and the video card, rage 128 at ... 0Mb !!
That's strange ? or the VRAM is also on the daughtercard ?

I also put it in Firewire target mode and can see the hard drive. ran a test on it, looks good.

Also, before I put in another processor, I want to make sure because I can smell some burned plastic coming out of the powerbook. Will I fry another card if I put it like that ? Is there anything I can do to check so I would not fry the replacement ?

Thanks !

Jeff