On 9/3/04 2:55 PM, "Tom and Lisa P" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Spew into the
Cybertrough:

>> I use Apple's internal Service Diagnostics Software and a couple of
>> Hardware Board testers and hard drive testing stations.  The only retail
>> Utilities I use are Diskwarrior and Hard Disk Speedtools.
>>
>> Apple has a ton of really neat software for their techs including a Shell
>> Restore and even a Norton Removal Tool.   It's great.
>>
>> Kyle H. Hansen
>
> I didnt know Apple has their own special testing SW.  Most
> interesting.  What are the software titles ?   I good a good laugh
> out of the Norton Removal Tool.  Very needed, IMHO.
>
> Does the testing software wok on older hardware, or just recent versions ?

The two main software suites are called Apple Service Diagnostics and Mac
Test Pro.  It comes for all newer Apple Hardware (any unit that has OF
capability).  They can be run from the CD or in OF.

Apple also has a wealth of info on their website called GSX (Global Service
Exchange).  It links to Service Source documents that are "eyes only" stuff
for techs.  They are really well organized.  Better than any PC company and
I have many Certs on the PC side as well.

Kyle H. Hansen
--
Jesus Saves...but Gretzky grabs the rebound and backhands for a goal!!!