Thanks for your replies. I'll try this later, after Apple replaces my hard drive.
To: "G-Books" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2004 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Cannot install OS 9

At 06:26 AM -0700 10/23/2004, Jeff Hubatka wrote:

For this particular problem it sounds like the OP probably didn't install OS9 drivers after reformatting the HD to install OSX. Might take another reformat to get it going.

And I agree +/- with above.

I remember now that I had the same sort of problem putting Jaguar on my Lombard. It had OS 8.6 on it. Installed Jaguar by reformatting the drive from the CD. And by default it only put the X driver on the HD! So I could run Classic from within OS X, but I couldn't actually boot the full OS 9! oops. :)

I think there's a setting in the disk utility that says to put both the X and 9 drivers on the disk...

- Dan.