Reminds me of the brilliant statement I made to a
friend after I replaced my Plus w\ and SE30: "I'll
never need to buy another computer again!"  I new that
was rediculous the millisecond the words left my
mouth.

Folks, for those of you who think this is religion:
building computers is a business.  Businesses are
formed, succeed and/or fail.  This is obviously Mr.
Jobs' company.  If his "vision" bugs you, I mean
really bugs you, then you can either bail out to
another platform - or start you own comuter company
and manage it your way.

If you don't like the pace of change at Apple - well
there's always Dell ...

I'm glad that there is direction at Apple since Jobs
came back.  I don't try understand why they make the
decisions - because I'm not privy to management's "big
picture".  We now live in a world where a mac is an
intel-based machine that runs Unix with a "mac-like"
shell.  Pretty wierd if you bought your first Mac back
in the mid-80's.  It seems to work.  Back in paleozoic
of all this I read that Jobs thought computer were
supposed to be "appliances" like a toaster or
dishwasher.  Easy and intuitive to use (if done
right).  From what I see, the beautiful industrial
design aside, that is still pretty much the philosophy
at Apple.  Funny that Apple and mac users are seen as
elitist, at least in the perspective I just outlined.

Your mileage may vary.  And finally, if Apple doesn't
make money, you'll never have to worry if the next
Version of the OS will run your classic apps - because
there won't be a next version.

bem