On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:56 PM, Brian McEwen wrote:

On Feb 24, 2006, at 3:25 PM, Doug McNutt wrote:

Progress - or lack thereof - report.

It appears that one will not be able to enjoy this list without purchasing a better computer that will handle the absolute garbage that Google uses on its web pages. I just don't trust it.

I sent a message to List-Help: <mailto:g3-5-list- [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The response:

I'm amazed at the lack of response to this from the list owner. Seems this is just not going to work for the main target of LEM.

Change the name to CEM (cutting edge Mac?)

I could use my PB450 and iCab to read the list online. If that's "cutting edge", well you use tools way too dull for my comfort ;-)

I know that many folks make a fetish of how cheap/old/less capable their computer is and "Weeeee LIKE it!" but this isn't an insurmountable change; really.

The majority of the problems seem to have arisen because people are not going to Google, creating their account there, then subscribing to the lists from there. It's much easier, you have control over how it's sent and all.

Signing on via the subscription e-mail link is a mistake, and Dan has been recommending that folks not use that mechanism.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'