Some observations:

Why does anyone keep the iCab validator on, unless you want it to check out
your own pages? It's just going to frown at *everything* -- since web designers
still feel they have to (& in most cases have to by reason of their employers'
insistence) work around Explorer gaps in web standards support.

I found that iCab beta 3.0, as well as IE 5.1.6, work just fine on my beige G3
under 9.2.2 to access Google groups. (At least well enough to change settings.
Some cosmetic problems may occur...)

And, FWIW, the other day Yahoo! mail (which my ISP ATT, formerly SBC, uses)
flagged the Google groups digests for this list & the Powerbooks list as
s;p;a;m! I pressed the "not s;p;a;m" button, & so far they're coming into the
regular inbox OK...some jealosy here, perhaps?

~~

Bill

Art page: <http://geocities.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/>