Il giorno 11-11-2011 20:10, peterh...@cruzio.com ha scritto:

>> Some people here is very fond of "hackintoshes" (PCs hacked to run OSX).
>> If you're short on cash and like to tinker (and study), that might be a
>> viable route.
>
> Not much study is required these days.
You sure? Aren't you underestimating your own know-how? :-)

For a long time I heard Linux lovers claiming their OS had become easy and
straightforward...
IMHO, that's not true, by a long shot. But they are so much "in love" with
their OS, they can't see their own "geekiness" is far from the common user.

When I approached the Hackintosh world, years ago, things were difficult and
troublesome.
I'm not contradicting your position (you know much more than me), I just
wonder if you aren't "forgetting" that what you know might not be a given
for most people (an error many experts fall for).

>> Coming back to "reality"...
>
> Hackintoshes seem pretty "real" to me.
Ok but, again, rocket science is pretty real... but that doesn't mean is
accessible to everybody. :-)

What I meant was "reality" for the "average Joe" without any particular
knowledge, the average user and the things he has in his reach.

> Lion and Server Lion, running on a PC with NO modifications whatsoever to
> either the PC or to Lion is a reality.
Well, I am just glad to know it. :-D

If I had not just got my G5, I might be tempted...
Any link to get direct access to those possibilities? :-)