On Nov 11, 2:09 am, "Jesse St.John" <jesselorenstj...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> alright everyone i am using leopard 10.5.8 on a dp 1.25mhz mdd with 2
> gigs of ram, any tweaks that you would suggest, any ways to go about
> kernel hacking and trimming my system?

The easiest, cheapest and safest things to do with your MDD:
1. Download and run Monolingual. You can trim more than 2 GB of
unneccesary languages and architectures out your OS, it will run much
better. It's free.
2. SCSI PCI cards and SCSI hard drives are cheap now that most people
are using SATA or SSDs. A 15K SCSI drive with a 16 MB cache is an
awesome upgrade, around $50.00 for used 73 GB drives.
3. If you add another hard drive (of any kind) and use Carbon Copy
Cloner to clone your original drive it will defrag everything in the
process of cloning. Apple claims you don't need to defrag OS X but I
always felt mine ran better after using TechTool Pro to defrag files.