A Mac flashed 9700 works fine, too.  Been using one in my G4 Digital
Audio for at least two years, possibly three years.  No pins taped on
it...

-J

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 1:13 PM, frrob <fr...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Greetings all!
>
> On a related, but slightly different note:
>
> What about using an ADC/DVI version of the 9600 (either the Pro or XT)
> instead of the 9800? I have seen a number of them for sale on eBay. Since
> they are ADC, they might play better with the MDD. Furthermore, they don't
> appear to have the Molex secondary power connector, so that would be another
> problem avoided. Do they not have the molex because they draw extra power
> through the ADC plug on the motherboard, or do they just draw less power?
>
>  I imagine I'd have to tape pins 3 & 11, but that's not a big deal.
>
> With the 9600 XT or Pro, I'd still have hardware acceleration of Core Image
> and Quartz Extreme.
>
> Any potential pitfalls, or other thoughts on that?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rob J.
>

> --

++++++ John Laughlin Photography; Kilted Nature Photographer ++++++++++
+           PO Box 778         |'84 245GL B23F M46 225K mi - 362K km  +
+     Duvall, WA 98019-0778    |'84 245Ti B21FT M46 611K km - 377K mi +
+       "photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment."       +
+++++++++ http://home.blarg.net/~volvo242gt/index.html ++++++++++++++++