Valter:

I would call an AGP card that draws 75 watts a "power hog" all right.

I had, by my own rough calculation, thought that the card might draw 45-50
watts. But I could see that 75 might well overtax the power supply.

Speaking of which, my MDD has the 360 watt PS. I have seen that there are
400 watt units also for the MDD. Any idea why the different versions? Is
the 400 watt unit just a later version, or what?

If the PSU is really the culprit, I would replace my 360 watt PSU with the
400 watt version before I repaired the 360 watt one.

Finally, I did reset the PMU, twice. I forgot to mention that. No effect on
the problem.

I'll let the group know what happens.

Thanks,

Rob J.