Il giorno 11/12/12 03:41, frrob ha scritto:

> Valter:
>
> I would call an AGP card that draws 75 watts a "power hog" all right.
It was the most powerful card of its times... power always has a price. ;-)

> Speaking of which, my MDD has the 360 watt PS. I have seen that there are
> 400 watt units also for the MDD. Any idea why the different versions? Is
> the 400 watt unit just a later version, or what?
AFAIK, quite the contrary: according to MacTracker, first generation MDDs
had the 400W PS, subsequent versions (FW 800 and 2003) had the 360W.
Perhaps the design became more power-efficient; I don't know if the two PS
are interchangeable.

> My main motivation for doing this was to have a 128M card, so as to run a
> larger monitor at full resolution
I don't know about your 9000 card, but I think 64MB are more than enough to
drive high-res monitor and/or dual monitors (as long as the card has two
ports). I did run dual monitors (21" and 15") on a meager 32MB Geforce 2 MX.

Unless for "larger monitor" you mean a 30" display or such (that might
require a beefier card).