On 12/10/12 22:14 PM, Valter Prahlad wrote:
Il giorno 11/12/12 03:41, frrob ha scritto:

Valter:

I would call an AGP card that draws 75 watts a "power hog" all right.
It was the most powerful card of its times... power always has a price. ;-)

If you can find an old AT power supply, they have a switch to power on/off. I have in the past used one to power extra external hard drives and fans for cooling the drives . Of course this requires leaving case open, or cutting and splicing after running through a hole.

This dual 867 MDD has 2 hds under PS (400 watt), 2 HDs setting on top of 2 optical drives but belong under and from time to time up to 2 sata drive loose outside case on a pci card, and a pci usb card. There is a 5" fan on top of processor heat sink and 2 1/2" fan hanging from airport cage (both 12 volt DC). About a foot away I have 2 5" ac fans blowing at MB. Also there is a fire dvdR burner and assorted firewire and/or usb hard drives attached. I been starting to think it's time to power from another source especially if I add more SATA and Firewire controllers.