Hi.

As a matter of fact I do have the Mario theme music in midi format.  It
would be easy to convert it to mp3 or wav for placing in the game.
For an experience game dev I don't think it is overly hard to code, but
for a newby it would be difficult as there is all kinds of crap going on
in Mario. You have to break certain blocks to get powerups, flowers, and
mushrooms. Then, you have to leap on Coopas to get them to go in to
their shells, dodge flying paricoopas, and there are green pipes to go
up or down to find coins, etc. Basicly, allot of coding.