There are a lot of text games and audio games that are made for iDevices. These are not for blind people, but we can, and do, play them. So do people who have good eyesight. In a lot of these games, you must rely on your ears to play, not your eyes, and they are popular with gamers.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Audyssey Magazine

Hi Shaun,

For some people the lack of graphics will always be a point of
contention, but that does not mean everyone will feel that way. I
think what we need here is a different strategy in marketing audio
games. As someone said instead of advertising them as blind games we
need to market them as games based on audio environments and emphasize
they are audio games not blind games. To some that might be just
semantics, but when dealing with the mainstream public advertising it
that way could go a long way to
increasing interest among non-blind gamers.

Another thing that may help is developing more text based games. Yeah,
I know that sounds like a step backwards, but text is and has always
been the universal medium blind and sighted gamers share. Young gamers
might think of text based games as boring, crappy, whatever, but
people from the 80's and 90's still play text based games all the
time. Interactive Fiction still has quite a large following, and there
are still people who play roguelike roll playing games like Angbang,
ADOM, and Nethack, etc. Text based games haven't gone away just have
been moved to the background as newer 3d graphical games have become
the in thing for allot of younger gamers. We could renew interest in
text games by developing newer games that might be of interest to
them.

Well we really need to make the audio game format interesting.
Not sure how we would do that.
for some of my friends, the interactive fiction really makes them rock.
they like old games.
For some audio games cool.
For others no graphics = crap rubbish and nothing much doing.
audio games are crap because they have no graphics.
I am not sure how to change that we can't vary well add graphics up
the wazoo especially since the blind can't really afford the best
stuff all the time.
I have only just this year because of a breakage in my keyboard on
this laptop brought a win7 system.
And even so I find myself still using xp 90% of the time because of
older games and the fact none of my major stuff is cpu or memmory
intensive.
Apart from the net, bgt testing eudora, and note pad the only program
I really use is winamp which streams radio and other stuff when I am
not doing much else apart from running mush z.
My plan is to get a tablet maybe an iphone for family use and maybe
later an android for my use or something like an iphone though who knows.