Hi Dallas,

Oh, that  is for sure. You don't really know how much better a little
speed boost will make in every day tasks such as saving files,
starting programs, or opening files until you experience it
first-hand.

For example, I do a lot of work with audio such as editing sounds and
music and when opening and saving files in Goldwave on my Compaq it
can take up to a minute to open and save a wav file. Longer if I want
to encode it as an mp3 file. Now, on my Toshiba it takes less than
half that for the same file. It is not so much that I can make do with
less memory and a slower CPU, I certainly can, but why waste time
opening and saving files etc when there is better hardware that can do
it in less time?

That to me seems to be the essence of having newer and better
hardware. There is benefits in having faster hardware even if it
doesn't seem like a big deal at the time. Your computer starts faster,
computer shuts down faster, programs start faster, you can open and
save files faster, etc. After you get use to the added speed and
performance your old computer seems slower than watching paint dry
because you have a hire expectation for how long basic tasks should
take.

Cheers!