Hi Tom.

It was indeed lucky in a way. As you know, my vision, while extremely limited has remained stable sinse I was about 8, thus I was not facing a situation of deterioration and can still play graphical games if the graphics and menu access allow, and I still regularly play games on my Snes or Gba player.

I do not generally spend massive amounts of time looking into graphical pc games unless I'm directed to sinse I find it a trifle frustrating to hunt hrough many games looking for something I can play, but there are several indi graphical game projects that I regularly keep a watch on, such as the turrican forever site where new remakes or turrican level packs get announced, or the website of rocks n diamonds for puzzle games.

I suspect had I ran into audiogames before they became vaguely sophisticated, I probably would have distmissed the genre as too simplistic to be wworth bothering with, sinse while I rreally appreciated my screen reader's ability to play browser rpgs or resouce management games, I probably would not have seen the value in games like blackjack or monopoly, at least not until I'd played some more sophsticated audio games and had expanded my horizon a bit both to get the most out of what was on offer, and to realize that the games weren't being made (as unfortunately a lot of products for the blind are), by patronizing companies or organizations but by the same types of independent developers who worked on the browser games or if titles I'd been playing, accept some happened to be blind.

As an interesting fact, sinse up until 2004 I only ever had a laptop with a rather small screen, I never even looked into graphical games for the pc until i bought a desktop with a propper monitor, and even then it didn't occur to me there was still anything graphically playable sinse I believed all pc games would be as inaccessible as the majority of 32 and 64 bit era console games.

Beware the grue!

dArk.