Hi Tom.

I'd agree with you about the Apple Ii games, indeed "what is an audio game" and what is a text game could be an interesting conversation.

The reason I specifically remembered that aliens game from one of the old braille devices, is that JimI believe in the interview said it was the first game to use an ascending bleep to indicate the proximity of an alien ship, actually conveying some information to the player via sound and requiring the player to interact that way in real time, rather than reading the text (or hearing the text output to a screen reader), and making a decision.

That's why I'd be interested to know if anyone played that aliens game or whatever it was, or if there were other games for Dos or even earlier systems that actually used sound to represent what was happening and require the player to react, rather than just as effectively a form of background.

Beware the grue!