don't forget you can still play those old apple 2e games with the mess emulator.

On 10/19/2014 11:33 AM, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Phil,

Yeah, that brings back some memories. When I was going to junior high
our class room had an Apple 2E with an echo, and to say the least the
voice was beyond horrid. However, we did have some of those games on a
floppy disc like Oregon Trail and I can remember spending many hours
in study hall playing Oregon Trail, Colossal Cave, and the original
Eamon Adventures. The accessibility sucked, but definitely were some
good games.

As for the Mac they did have Outspoken. I am not sure precisely when
Outspoken came out but it seems to me it was around 94 or 95 when I
was using a Mac at my high school that had OS 7 and Outspoken on it.