To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] info AudioGames Game Engine

Hi John,

To start with your obviously not familiar with big budget mainstream
games as games like Swamp and 3D Velocity still can't compare with a
big budget mainstream game. True, they are very good games, are more
on par with mainstream games than anything else, but are really not on
par with the big budget mainstream games. However, I feel if more
audio game developers could develop games equivalent to Swamp, 3D
Velocity, etc we'd be a lot closer to mainstream than we are now.

As for a number of developers banding together to develop a title that
is definitely what is required to develop anything close to
mainstream, and I personally don't see it happening. All the
developers would have to have similar skills, would need to be skilled
in the same languages and tools, use the same operating system, and of
course be willing to divide the work equally. Otherwise such a project
is not very likely to happen.

About the only way I could in vision anything like this ever happening
is if it was designed explicitly as an open source project. That way
everyone in the community can contribute as desired, people can work
on it in their spare time, and any sounds music etc that are
contributed would be done so through on a volunteer basis. Thus would
save on costs and could potentially create something fairly complex
without the bourdon of development and financial costs being placed on
a single individual.

As far as compromise goes that really would depend on the developers
in question, but in the main one or more people are going to have to
compromise because each developer likely has his or her preferences.
One developer might want to use BGT, another Purebasic, another C++,
someone else Visual Basic and those kind of differences just aren't
resolvable without someone deciding to relearn to program in a
different language. We are a pretty diverse community of developers
each with his or her own ideas of what works and doesn't and until
those kinds of differences are resolved the project is going nowhere.

Cheers!