I agree with you dark.
There have been a few devs I worked with one just recently that was just a starter. I have nothing against starters but there are those that start in a cocky state, expect to earn from 500 coppies a month and get 2000 or more enough to buy sfx.
They start a project get your stuff and then burn shortly after.
I had another some years back, he started got all my pictures and other info for the game and other payment things, started off but obviously burned as I never heard back from him with work. In more recent times I have actually seen a few of those in reality software burn. Thing is when someone burns like that they don't recognise they are doing so and you can't tell them that they are on fire. But once they are burned out they die, some just die and some make a drama out of it but once burned in most cases you are prity much done with a few exceptions like rs group leader, how he has managed to survive without completely burning is legendry and sertainly beyond me. I have once or twice got close to burning myself its not a good thing to burn yourself but its hard to not be on a role and then it all comes down on you like a pile of burning stuff. I do think with the critisism and other things that our devs are quite carefull.
The rest don't know or have no idea how to start.
Sighted especially may know what to do but are not sure how to do it for obvious reasons and the rest who knows.
I don't even know what the rest is anymore.
With the release of bgt and some of the otheer stuff of late the first companies are not making much anymore.
But thats ok as the industry is going on its own pace.
But there are so many groups its hard to tell what is or isn't good these days.
And sometimes stuff popps out of the woodwork.
I just got a couple ren py novels fully accessable one comercial yesterday and another one I really like which the author is working on to make accessable and which I will buy later.
Ofcause some can be total wastes but the rest maybe.