Well since you are a developer you would know.
Never the less you have it right as usual.

At 12:26 a.m. 15/06/2015, you wrote:
Hi Dark,

Yes, I think you have a definite point about developers perhaps not
being aware of their own shortcomings.
That would include even me at times.

I suspect the reason is that a lot of developers get into writing
games because they have a very specific idea, dream, or concept for a
game. Something that appeals to them and they set out to create the
game as they imagine it. Unfortunately, like everyone the developer
may have shortcomings that makes the end result less than a quality
production, and because it is their dream game, their own idea, they
feel a bit embarrassed or even perhaps a bit sensitive about letting
someone else help work on it. I can confess to some of that myself.

In short it is very easy for a developer to turn down any offers for
help out of some personal sense of wanting to do it all themselves.
Perhaps not recognizing or seeing their own shortcomings in the
process. As a result the final product is something below professional
standards just because the developer was lacking in a certain area and
was unable to foresee their own shortcomings in that regard.

Cheers!