Hi Kuvvosh,
Either those Macs and Linux were never patched and the windows has powerful
firewalls, it seems unlikely. Macs and Linux are generally much more secure,
particularly because black-hats won't waste there time on an OS that doesn't
get the majority of the market. Experts at Sophos Labs claim 93 percent ( I
believe) of black-hats will be trying to exploit Macs next, its only a
matter of time. Cracking of any system is usually the fault of the user, not
updating (there was a critical patch the other day), not using very strong
passwords over 16 chars with symbols, upper/lower case letters and numbers.
There are of course worms that target exploits, but those aren't used as
much anymore, because believe it or not Microsoft understands security
better, if you don't believe me ask a security professional who isn't biased
to hate Microsoft. The more security you add, the more applications and
services don't work, they brake, and things get slower. That's why Vista
isn't as secure as I thought, although I feel they had a good balance.
Microsoft should add 2 versions, a more home-standard user with security
such as the protection in Vista, but with Zero-Day Protection. Another
business version with hard-core security, since you aren't playing Direct X
9 Games when your supposed to do some kind of paper? Right?! Well sorry if I
got a little OT, but considering this is a topic about the USA Games site, I
felt that is directly related to it.
Thanks

-Ryan
www.rsgames.co.nr