HI Dark,

Yeah, but one major difference between Jim's baseball game and the
wrestling game I'm working on is he stores all of his names etc in
text files. I can't really do that because the way I'm designing the
game everything is pretty specific to each wrestler. I.E. they have
there own specific artificial intelligence, signature moves, etc so
they act and wrestle as the real life person would. This is a
completely different kind of game than Jim's baseball because the
artificial intelligence etc is so generic it doesn't matter who is
playing who because the game will play the same. Not so with my
wrestling game. Everything is finely detailed, and changing stuff you
shouldn't change would screw up all the work I spent in designing that
really custom A.I.

Of course, all of this depends on actually basing the game on real
life people, and writing the game from a strictly purest point of
view. Having read Phil's post I'm not so sure that's a good idea. You
yourself have repeatedly made the point you aren't up on wrestling
history etc. So maybe the answer is just to walk away from the big
name super stars, walk away from the WWE, TNA, WCW, and all that and
come up with something completely original from scratch. A whole bunch
of new wrestlers with their own unique back stories, signature moves,
and completely copyright free to boot. As I just got done saying to
Phil I don't think that would be to hard to do, the community could
help with ideas, and it could be a lot of fun just being creative.

Just as I've been sitting here writing these messages a number of
ideas have come to me. I can think of some names for tag teams like
the Head Hunters, the Outlaws, the Titans, and things like that. As
for wrestlers I'm sure I can come up with some convincing names as
well. Its not like the professional wrestlers exactly have incredibly
original names either. For instance, back in the 80's one of the top
female stars was Princess Victoria. That's ok, but right off the top
of my head I can think of cooler names than that. A name like Vixon
sounds like a great name for a heel female wrestler.

So what do you think. Should we just try this out as an independant
fantasy wrestling game and see how it goes?

Cheers!