yeah  i know what you mean.
at any rate, put the combat pluss some ... fun ... seens together, and you have one cool game!
dallas

On 1/7/2012 5:17, Thomas Ward wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Hmmm...Well, I've got several ideas but many of them would be better
as an adult interactive fiction game. Which is just as well as some of
the adult interactive fiction games I've played have pretty poorly
written storylines and there is virtually no plot to them. At least in
my case I can think of a context or decent story where the sex has an
important roll in the quest or adventure.

For example, let's assume you are a handsome prince or noble warrior
on a quest. You need to pass through the valkyries lands, but unless
you get the queen's favor you can not pass onto their lands. One of
the female valkyrie warriors captures you, delivers you to the queen,
and you then have to get her permission to pass through her lands. One
way of getting her favor might be to offer her some of your charms in
bed, and if you satisfy her you are given free reign of the lands.

In a case like that the sex is an integral part of the story, and
serves a purpose besides hitting the sack with anyone and  everyone
without context. For some aif writers the sex is the only purpose for
writing the game, but I see it more as coexisting in a larger and more
interesting story or context. So if I ever did some aif text
adventures there would be more plot and combat involved leading up to
the sex scene or scenes in the game.

Cheers!