Hi Tom.

That might be business practice but to be honest it strikes me rather as overkill most of the time.

For instance, I certainly don't bother adding indenting or other formatting to my thesis and probably won't until it comes time to prepare it for printing and formal submition, despite the fact I obviously expect my tutor to read draughts of it.

nor would I add such stuff to anything I was writing, fiction, males or whatever unless it was an amazingly formal document such as a statement in a will, or one of the medical or legal documents my brother or my mum hve to deal with (I know they both use formatting for that purpose).

Generally I put in standard paragraphs, and if I expect the thing to be overly public I'll spellcheck, but that's mostly as far as I will go, indeed people I've had dealings with seem to be okay with that, even down to university professors (none of my masters or degree essays or dissertation had tabulation, just writing in word and spellchecking, nnor was it ever suggested they should do).

So, putting in tabs seems rather to me like dressing in full black tie and tale coat when a bog standard suit and tie would do.

Though actually less so, sinse I rather like wearing my tale coat, even more than wearing my tux, so tend to wear it if I can possibly get away with it :D.

Beware the grue!

dark.