on that note, classic shell and programs like it will probably be win8 compatible at some point and will bypass the metro system fully probably.
At 05:39 p.m. 22/04/2012 +0100, you wrote:
Hi Tom.

as I have said before, I could probably learn to live with the search box, but I just like the pleasure and convenience of organizing stuff myself, just as I might books or dvds on a shelf, which is why I think for me the columnbs with a touch screen would actually be preferable to using the search box, ---- hopefully by the time I need to worry about windows 8 there will be good accessible solutions, indeed if touch screen navigation, and other aplications become common on the pcthere might even be some reasonable justification for upgrading to windows 8 that imho there wasn't from xp to 7 as I said in our previous discussion, it'll all depend upon what happens in the next few years I suppose, ----- though I will say I'd be very sorry to give up my 40 inch flat screen tv that I currently have my pc (which is also my dvd player), gamecube and Snes plugged into, ---- for low vision access to games it's amazingly clear and also larger than any tv I've had before. Though hopefully if the touch screen thing does come into practice, there will be a sensor similar to the one for the wiimote that could be used instead of a specially adapted screen.

Beware the grue!