Hi Thomas.
I understand that most of us don't have access to a braille display but some do
and most audio games dont enable death blind players to get involved.
Also I'm not using the display to show braille in its normal format, I'm using
the display more like a screen with moving shapes and representations of they
playing area.

The reason I asked if braille displays have been used in accessible games
before is I wanted to see weather Dotris is going to be as unique as I think it
is going to be. I'm very aware that if I was trying to make any money out of
this restricting my user base to those that have access to a braille display
wouldn't be a good idea but this is more about the programming challenge and
the chance to do something a little bit unusual as well as raising a bit of
money for charity. I'm also trying in my own small way to encourage the use of
braille, a skill I worry that a lot of blind people, including myself at one
point in my life, think to be a completely antiquated and pointless skill when
so many things now speak to us. A view I now disagree with.

thanks
Nick

Sent from my iPhone