See, I've been saying the Europeans and especially the Brittish have it so good! I mean their RNIB DAISY audiobooks don't have any DRM, and now this about the Free Braille displays? That's just amazing! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryan Strunk" <ryan.str...@gmail.com>
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] N A Soft is back and I'm looking for some testerswith Braille displays.

Hi Nick,
Thankfully you're not developing a side scroller, arcade game, or FPS title, so you don't have to worry about that. Just because very little use has been made of Braille displays in the past 8 years doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a go. I would venture a guess that there are actually quite a few Braille displays out there. Rehab agencies purchase them for a lot of people here in the states, and some countries overseas--especially in Europe--will actually
give free Braille displays to blind people. My wife and I own two between
the two of us, and I have access to four more of them at work.
Audio Tetris has been tried; it didn't work very well. Music audio Tetris
has been tried; it didn't work very well either. The spatial implications of a tactile Tetris would be phenomenal to work with. I think you have a winner
of an idea here.
Good luck to you in your efforts.
All the best,
Ryan