Hi Dark,

Agreed. I think the problem is that more modern games have spoiled
people into thinking every single level has to be unique. different,
etc when that's not how the arcade genre worked. I've played all the
classics like Pong and Astroids up to Super NES games and the majority
of the early arcade games were just the same level over and over again
with more enemies, faster enemies, or different colored enemies.

For instance, a game I use to play heavily in the early 1980's, Demon
Attack, might be considered boring by today's standards, but it was
actually great fun. Back in those days we were more concerned about
topping our highest score than a great deal of variety.

Of course, Atari didn't have the CPU power and memory to do anything
much more advanced so we all got use to that's how it was back then.
It wasn't until Nintendo came out with their original NES console that
we wanted bigger and better things because it had superior graphics,
more complex styles of games, and a bit more variety in levels. Still,
even then if you look at Super Mario Brothers there were only four or
five different worlds. After that it just looped over and over between
those different worlds. that's just how arcade games work.  If that's
boring so be it, but I still enjoy an arcade game once and a while.

Cheers!